19 May 2009

A dandy in Singapore

Some friends of mine often say I am a dandy when they tease me.
In common French language, this word designates a person who places particular importance upon physical appearance, refined language, and leisurely hobbies. Thus, a dandy may appear as someone plain to your eyes, but the cult of aesthetics is only the surface of it.

Contrary to what many people seem to believe, dandyism is not only a delight in clothes and material elegance. In certain aspects dandyism goes further and comes close to spirituality and stoicism.

It is rather a way of life toward personal excellence: being more attractive, but also satisfying ones passions, feeling new experiences, thinking about new concepts, learning more from everybody… even if it means to be harsh with yourself.

With this state of mind, I have created this baby blog, which I hope will give you satisfaction, and learn me new things exchanging our thoughts.

Bien à vous,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment, I appreciate that!